ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Blackpoppies.com

Wednesday 9 April 2014

“Reading is a bit like hallucinating.” - N.Filer, The Shock of the Fall

I just finished 'The Shock Of The Fall' by Nathan Filer, tricky to get into at first as its from the perspective of a guy with schizophrenia, but definitely worth it in the end. It's a little depressing but very clever and I like the way the main character (Matthew) remembers his dead brother by considering his atoms in everyday objects. Might have to read it again.

I've had a run of pretty good books recently so was struggling to find something else. I asked a friend I trust on recommendations and they came up with "IT" by Stephen King. I haven't read any King yet but have seen a few movies. If you think the films aren't all that scary then the book is a different story. I've been sleeping with the light on since I started and there is a lot left to go. Not for sensitive minds and those who want to keep a watch on their electricity usage. I'm going to stick with it and keep an eye out for clowns.