ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Blackpoppies.com

Thursday 8 October 2015

Moomin Cafe - Tokyo

I was having a little TBT in my head and realised I never posted any pictures from my trip to the Moomin Cafe in Tokyo, what! (ノ・ェ・)ノ 

I think part of the reason I didn't was because I had a bit of a bad experience...none of the cuddly toys wanted to sit with me. Considering this cafe was initially marketed as a place for lone diners to not feel alone...I was the only person there alone... and without a toy to sit opposite the message was loud and clear: even stuffed toys don't like you ʕʔ But I am a strong, sassy, independent female lady and I made the most of it. 


There was a little 20/30 minute queue to do outside but this was ok as its within a shopping centre that has a ROLLER COASTER so I was mildly entertained while I waited (it was operating empty, but still). You get your menus outside so you don't waste no time deciding what you want once you get in there. This is the fab outside area.


Once inside I was seated with my back to a window on a two seater table facing out into the restaurant. Here I could gaze upon all the happy families, children, couples, friends etc. smiling…laughing…talking. I became acutely aware I was the only lone diner in this "anti loneliness cafe" 
(the loneliness of lonlinesses) (╯•﹏•╰) Plus out of about 8 toys hanging in the cafe none of them made it to my table in the time I was there, guyssssss.


so I took this awkward photo of everyone else having a good time


The food was fab though and there was lots of FREE BREAD all different kinds, it was a bread buffet! I think thats chicken meat in the katsu curry, I'm vegetarian but had to order the most instagramable looking meal even if it goes against my dietary requirements. I skipped those bits and ate the sauce and rice. I think the orange stuff was soup. Of course the rice is pure moomintroll. 


When you pick a desert you get to keep the little moomin cup it comes in. I knew I would not like the taste of this particular custardy desert but FREE CUP.



I probably spent an hour or so at my table so you don't feel rushed which is nice. Time especially goes slow when waiting for your bill...alone... with no wifi 
*looks at photo's on phone for 8th time* 
*contemplates meaning of existence* 
Oh yes the bill! 
*waits for them to come back to collect the cash*
*Tries not to stare at people*

Next door is a Moomin Bakery and shop! You cannot fault their skills: everything looks fab and classy like Moomins. Tokyo really does theme cafes well! I forgive you Moomin for not being able to sit with me, you are a busy man I get it. 

It's located in the LaQua Shopping Centre, Tokyo Dome ʕʔ